Wednesday, April 29, 2015

26 April 2015

Sailing North to Blackpoint, Exuma

We went to the Carnival the other night, live music, and everyone having fun. A Bahamian came up to me while I was listening to the music and drinking my beer. He announced to me that the Prime Minister of the Bahamas was here (kind of like the President). This guy wrapped his arm around me and drug me to the Prime Minister to meet him, as he did he’s pouring the beer in his hand down my chest. I did meet the guy and shook his hand.


We chased the race boats yesterday then went to the Regatta 
Park for a parade, food, drink and the awards ceremony. “Tida Wave”, one of the boats we crewed on in the pre race race, was the overall winner. We are about partied out.

We left Georgetown this morning beginning our trip back to the Chesapeake. It is with mixed feelings. Though we are anxious to see old friends, we will miss the many new ones we have made in the Bahamas. We have promised them we will return.

We will sail to Staniel Cay today, then to Highbourne Cay tomorrow, then probably to Nassau. We will make our way to Bimini and prepare to cross over to Florida when wind and weather allow. We are 890 miles (as the crow flies) from Baltimore. It will probably take us about 6 weeks to get there.

Anxious to see you all…

Member of the Royal Bahamian Police Band


Site of the Straw Market that burned to the ground the day before the Regatta began

One of the 3 Bahamian beers

George Town School Band


Re Chard local dancing star

This is Luke, a very mature young gentleman, great Dominos player and excellent Volleyball athlete 




These are booth's selling beer and food




I really liked this hat



Race boats on they way home


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys and hear first hand of your journey and all of tidbits you couldn't post on the blog due to space constraints or to many kalicks the night before lol safe travels. I'm sure you may have heard but Baltimore had pretty rough week with riots, seems to have calmed down for now. Hope you have plenty of pics to see. I know you a lifetime of memories.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete